Hi everyone, this is rather a pre-sales questions around the My Passport Wireless, I’m thinking to buy one, and was wondering if anyone could help me with the following inquiries, here goes
Here’s my current setup:
- Samsung SmartTV, which has a SmartHub functionalities and currently plugged to my both AppleTV and a ChromeCast.
- A Samsung regular TV (not a smart-one), but it has a HDMI & USB port, so decided to plug another Chromecast to it.
- A modem & router that come from my ISP and another Wi-Fi as an range-expander and pretty much acting like a bridge from the unit that the ISP gave me.
So on to my questions:
- For my Samsung SmartTV, does the My Passport Wireless, happen to have any native apps for the Samsung SmartTV edition, have tried to look for it in the Samsung SmartHub (Samsung’s SmartTV App Store), but seemed couldn’t find any?
- The same thing with my AppleTV, does the My Passport Wireless has any native app for an AppleTV?
- That goes the similar with the ChromeCast too.
So, my objective is pretty much straight forward, I wish to stream some movies from the My Passport Wireless, once I buy them and have them preloaded with movies and musics, while accessing directly from both my non-desktop and non-mobile devices much like a SmartTV, AppleTV and a ChromeCast.
Does the My Passport Wireless support my requirements? If it does, how would I implement them, should I connect it to my current Network, or should the devices just need to pair directly with My Passport Wireless?
Thanks everyone, any comments would be greatly appreciated it.