My passport ultra, ¿se puede convertir en disco interno?

Hola, tengo un disco duro externo my passport ultra de 2 tb. Me da un buen servicio, ya que lo tengo con contraseña, pero me molesta que esté siempre fuera de la torre.

Me gustaría poder introducirlo dentro de la torre para convertirlo en interno. Me podeis indicar como se hace?

Saludos

Desmota la carcasa y veras q hay un hdd de toda la vida y una plaquita para conectarlo con un puerto usb…sacale la plaquita y a conectarlo a un puerto sata de tu equipo.

Gracias por la respuesta.

Lo he sacado de la carcasa pero no veo la placa que dices hay que quitar. Me dices cual es?

Hola Riu,

No entiendo porque hiciste algo asi? Tu My Passport estaba fuera de garantia? Abriendo el dispositivo anula la garantia. Podrías comprar directamente un disco interno o un SSD para mejores velocidades y rendimiento.

Si lo has abierto ya, a lo mejor el factor de conector no es un conector SATA sino un conector USB 3.0. si es asi necesitas un adaptador que pueda cambiar el conector USB 3.0> SATA.

El dispositivo tiene la carcasa y dentro hay un disco duro. Es donde tienes que conectar el cable SATA de su ordenador para que puedas usarlo como interno, y si no tiene SATA entonces con USB pero tampoco le sirve asi. Con las opciones que tienes con los discos de Western Digital, seria mejor comprar otro que desmontar este.

Saludos
C.

Si, terminó ahora la garantía. Lo abrí por que lo tengo con contraseña y otros discos internos no tienen esa opción.

Pues que pena.

Contraseña? Has usado software o como?

Lo que puedes hacer , si has logrado conectar el disco a tu ordenador seria escribir ceros para ver si elimina la contraseña:
https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=6130&lang=ls

I am wanting to build my own Gaming PC and instead of buying a new hard drive i would like to use my WD 1TB My passport portable hard drive for it but, i cant seem to find out if its possible to convert it to one and if it did, what would be able to connect (what would be compatible) with it(I.E. Motherboard, CPU, ect)?
I would like to use a Intel I5 quad core for the CPU.
https://dltutuapp.com/ https://9apps.ooo

Hey George,

I see no reason why you would do that. This drive is designed to work externally and not as an internal start up drive. If you open the external case you will void the warranty - if any. Also by purchasing a compatible drive you will be more confident with speeds, durability and warranty of course.

If you however open the passport, you can take the internal drive and see if you could connect it directly onto your motherboard using the sata connector or an adapter if needed.

Even though what you describe is doable, i would keep this passport as additional space maybe and use an SSD instead for better performance and as primary.

Chris.

Many Windows users have run into such a problem: connect external hard drive or USB flash drive to the computer and find that it’s not recognized. The accident can be caused by many reasons, for example, using the wrong file system, partition issues on your external drive, driver issues in Windows, dead USB ports, or some other unknown reasons. 9Apps Next we will show you how to fix all these external drive not recognized problems in Windows. Recover data from lost partitions due to re-partition, Cartoon HD boot manager, improper clone, system re-installation, disk accident etc. data recovery after system crash, hard drive error or failure, virus attack, unexpected power off, etc. Recover lost data due to accidental deletion, emptying recycle bin, and ‘shift+delete’ command without backups.

Hello Seoking,

Welcome to the forum.

You are correct with most of the reasons you listed regarding issues with external devices.
As many things can go wrong with external units, this is why i would never do that as it is really risky.

Why not buy internal drives and get over with it?

Chris

Thanks for the reply.

The doubts which I had are all solved now!

Regards
mxplayer

Nice Post Thanks For Sharing
StorePlay Apk