My Passport Ultra 1TB not accessible from "my computer"

In “my computer” screen I am getting the message “E:\ is not assessible The device is not ready”. Green progress line is almost complete and pulsing gets to around 95% and sticks. In Disc management HD is showing as “Disc 1 Basic 931.48GB Online” “E: Healthy (Primary Partition) Raw 931.48GB”. Operating system Vista 32 bit (I know! I have taken it old PC out of storage to use whilst my laptop is being repaired hence trying to access backup). WD drive utilities downloaded. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

According to the information that you provided, the file system of the unit is Raw.

The RAW drive is a hard drive partition which has not been formatted with the file system neither FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 nor NTFS/NTFS5. The RAW drive can be caused by a number of reasons such as virus infection, format failure, accidentally shut down operating system, power outages, etc.

As a recommendation, try contacting WD Support to see if there’s anything that they can suggest on this case.

I haven’t try the following, if you wish to follow those steps, will be at your own risk.

I checked online and saw a few suggestions
See if the following link helps
http://www.easeus.com/resource/raw-file-system-to-ntfs.htm