My Passport Ultra 1 TB It fall down at the floor

Good evening
I have a Hard Disk WD My Passport Ultra 1 TB
It fall down at the floor
Now the computer is aware of it but does not read the inside information and it’s voice is normal …
Is there a solution to this problem because I need the information inside it
Thank you

Hi @georgis77

I’m sorry to hear that your drive fell. Hard drives are fragile and the impact of hitting the floor may have caused damage to the physical disks. If this is the case, you’d need to take the drive to a Data Recovery company to get the data back. WD does not provide data recovery services, but we do have a number of partners who may be able to help:

https://support.wdc.com/warranty/datarecovery.aspx?lang=en

good evening
I want to take the hard disk to a Data Recovery company to get the data back.
but i liveing in Montreal and i looking for a nearest company for me .
if you know any company and tell me about that
thanks again …

I’m not allowed to recommend a specific company, but if you go to https://support.wdc.com/warranty/datarecovery.aspx?selregion=americas&lang=en there are a few that cover canada.

Thank you very much for your interest, my friend
I will try to communicate with a company that is competent in this field
Thank

My WD hard drive also fell and it is barely a week and had some of my work and have been told it’s irepairable. The problem is am in Kenya and my sister bought it for me from the US and can’t return to the US. What should I do.

Hi @resourcefulmark - Africa is listed as EMEA on our Data Recovery partner page. See the link below:

what if I want to replace it what is the procedure
Nothing at all for Kenya.

Well there are two problems with getting the drive replaced:

1.) The warranty doesn’t cover physical damage to the drive (which may have occurred when it fell)
2.) We don’t have an RMA center in your region - you will need to take the drive back to the distributor where the drive was purchased to discuss RMA options.