My Passport Pro RAID on Windows?

I’m very interested in My Passport Pro RAID for use in moving video editing projects back and forth between an office computer to a mobile laptop workstation.  A small, portable, Thunderbolt RAID would be very helpful.

WD does not (yet) support My Passport Pro for Windows, only Mac.  Has anyone reformatted and re-set up the RAID configuration to work with Windows?  If so, can you share how you went about it?  Any pros/cons/suggestions?

Many thansk!

Welcome to the Community.

The WD Passport Pro supports exFAT when disabling the RAID mode and enabling individual disk drives. RAID 0/1 modes do not support exFAT, but should work in a Windows-based system with a Thunderbolt PCI/PCIe adapter and appropriate drivers.

With regards to official support, your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

External Drive Ideas