My Passport Pro 4tb - drive in bay b not present message

Over the past few weeks, my drive has given this message when I connect it. MacBook Pro 15" Retina, 750g SSD, 16g ram, OSX 10.11.4.

It doesn’t happen every time but is becoming more frequent. When I check it with the WD utilities (v. 2.0.3.30) it passes all the tests and reports the full 4tb. If I look at it in the Mac drive utility, both the 2tb drives show up and report full 2tb used.

Any suggestions or ideas? Is this message warning that the drive is about to fail? I use this for Time Machine and don’t want to lose my backup without warning.

Thanks.

Perhaps it would be best to contact WD Support about this. You can do so over the phone or via E-mail.

I chose to try the postings before starting the WD support process. I am aware of the process, having many WD drives over the years, mostly very good. More recently, the drivers and utilities have been less than optimum.

After reading quite a few postings here, I removed the WD app that loads on login and have not had the problem since. Interesting that that seems to have solved the problem.

Personally, if I reply to a post, I try to help answer the question.