MY Passport not recognised

Hi

I bought the passport and gave it to IT professional to load all of my home videos onto it.

He did this successfully.

I have now got the hard disc home and tried to access the videos stored on it however the drive doesn’t register on my computer.  The operating system is Windows XP.  I plus the usb connection in, I here the bell recognising something, the drive vibrates so the passport is doing something but I cannot open it.  No automatic window appears and the drive does not appear in my list of connections.  What can I do?

Hello,

Please see some basic troubleshooting steps bellow:

1-Disconnect the drive from the computer and restart the computer.

2-If possible try to connect the drive to the back USB of a desktop computer for testing purposes

3- Go to “Disk Management” to verify if the drive is seen there.

4-If it shows up in Disk Management with a black bar, It means the drive is not allocated. Therefore you will have to format it in order to make it operational again (please note that formatting the drive will delete all data stored on it), If you decide to format it then please click on the link bellow for instructions.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865

I have the same issue as well but unfortunately, when I try to access the drive through Disc Management but it is labeled as not initialized and when I try to initialize it, I get an I/O Device error.

I/O error is frequently a problem with the drive or it’s circuit board.

Joe