My Passport not detected anymore

I have a portable (USB) WD My Passport (1TB), which I use for back up of all my important data. I last copied files from my laptop (mac book) to My Passport and left as it was taking long. When I came back it seemed done as My Passport was no longer connected. I unplugged My Passport and deleted all files on my laptop to clear it. When I re-plugged My Passport into my laptop later that day it was no longer captured by my laptop for access, but its LED was/is flashing. As it is not being detected by my laptop I am unable to access my files. I don’t understand how this could happen! My urgent question is: How can I get to my data??? I need urgent help! (PS. Changed usb cable - even though it still looks as new - but it didn’t help!)

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: Cannot Find My WD Drive on Windows or macOS

I have the same problem! Any solutions?

I have the same problem.

Well, there could be various reasons for an HDD to become unresponsive or undetected. It can be a hardware issue or some technical issue in the software. Reconnecting the HDD won’t help in most of the cases. The HDD remains visible and may be detected by the system if you connect it to another PC, but it doesn’t respond.

Below are few possible reasons for HDD being unresponsive:

1. A Lot of bad sectors
  2. Infected File (Virus or Malware)
  3. Driver issue
  4. Mechanical failure

You can try the below options to resolve the issue:

1. Run CHKDSK
  2. Use an Antivirus & Anti-Malware tool
  3. Re-install the drivers

However, there is a solution as well for the same. Here, I suggest you to check out the below blog to know the possible solutions for this issue: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/how-to-fix-not-responding-hard-drive/

Hope this will help.