My Passport model WDBLUZ5000asl - 03

I have MacBook Pro with:

Safari version 8.0.4

OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

My passport backs up normally but does not remind when a backup not made nor give days from last backup. I must remember to backup. What setting did I foolishly change.

Appreciate assistance  Johnny

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

In order for us to better assist you with this, can you please specify what backup software you are using?  From my understanding Time Machine backs up continuously.

Thanks for your very prompt reply. As usual I did not specifically state that for backup I use the following:

MY PASSPORT: MODEL  WDBLUZ5000asl - 03. This is the external device I use for backup along with Time Machine.

This backup worked successfully until the past 2 or 3 months. After installation it reminded me of days since last backup & I believe backup (poor memory on my part) performed on a specified time. Now it does not remind me for a backup & when connected I must press “backup now”. Yes, I use “time machine” to refer to backups. Time machine will not activate My Passport.

I greatly appreciate the help to be able to restore to original conditions. I failed somewhere.

Thank you JM