'My Passport' exterior hard drives

Why won’t Windows 10 recognize my 2 external usb connected “Passport” hard drives? I have 4 ‘My Book’ drives, same configuration, and they WORK. The “Passport” drives worked before I switched to Windows 10, can somebody get busy and write some ‘drivers’ to get these drives to work??? Or is ‘Western Digital’ dropping support for these drives … and if so, I want a refund.

I can get them to work and I hope this is only temporary. The drives have to be connected DIRECTLY to the computer, NOT by usb HUB. BUMMER !!! Come on Western Digital, a computer only comes with a very small amount of usb ports. In this day and age when computers look like Christmas trees with 14 usb hubs and all other kind os paraphernalia sticking out and blinking like a rocket console, youse guys have got to write drivers so that these “Passport” drives will work on a usb hub. That’s the ■■■■ purpose of a “Passport” drive … plug it in, do a backup to it and unplug, the port awaiting the next ‘customer’.

Western Digital needs to write some drivers for their “Passport” drives to work in usb HUBS. That was the main reason for this type of hard drive and the very reason of it’s namesake … “PASSPORT”. Come on, WD, get with it.

Hello

Please refer to the follow link for troubleshooting problems related to using a USB hard drive with a USB hub:

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=1233