My Passport Essential SE 0730 is not recognized in my computer

Hi,

I need help to resolve recognition issue… My passport wd0730 is not recognised by any machines (laptop, desktop). I’ve been using this hard disk for a year and everything was good until 2 or 3 days back that i have this issue. 

I tried installing SES driver and for a while it did help as it was reflected in my C: drive but i was not able to copy or cut any files from the hard disk. When i tried doing that, the whole process hanged and i gotta end the process using task manager.

It is quite unstable that sometimes it was shown in “Safely Remove Hardware…” and sometimes it doesn’t…

Please let me know what i can do to resolve as this is my work hard disk and i need to use the data urgently.

Thanks in advance and let me know what information is still needed.

Run a test using DLG and see if it passes the test. Be sure to connect the passport directly to the PC using the USB cable that came bundled, avoid using USB extension cables or USB hubs.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/940/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1NjMwMjMxOC9zaWQvQ3R6WTh2ZWw%3D

Hi i have run the test and below is the result… Could you please advice further on what they mean? Seems like a bad news… Thank you.

Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WD My Passport 0730
Unit Serial Number: [Deleted]
Firmware Number: 1015
Capacity: 1000.17 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: FAIL
Test Error Code: 08-Too many bad sectors detected.
Test Time: 12:08:46, December 25, 2012
Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
Model Number: WD My Passport 0730
Unit Serial Number: [Deleted]
Firmware Number: 1015
Capacity: 1000.17 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: FAIL
Test Error Code: 08-Too many bad sectors detected.
Test Time: 12:09:01, December 25, 2012

Just to add on that on the Smartware, my passport is shown as locked as well.