My Passport Essential Has not been detected

Hello…

My Passport Essential Has not been detected…I m using window 7 ult.when i conncet my passport it cant display the drive in computer…even not display in MANAGE…what will i do plzz suggest…

when i connect it it just display the light on passportbut not blinking it…

plzzz help me…

Make sure the cable you are using is not longer than the one supplied. Don’t use a hub and try a port on the back of PC. If possible try it on a different PC and see if it is shown there.

Joe

does it spin up? makes any sounds??

no it doesn’t make a sound or any notification…i also try on different PC still it is not working…

I have the same problem and I don’t know what to do anymore… I already restarted my laptop 4 times after doing the upgrades and stuff and nothing… I can’t find the wd on my computer

If your passport is not spinning up there is not much end user can do.

Try swapping out the power cable.

Usually if drive isn’t spinning the issue is with power delivery to the motor.

It could be cable, PCB, or stuck heads on platters.

I have same issue my WD passport is not detected.

Light blinks and i can hear the spinning sound…

but the drive is not detected …i tried to reinstall the drivers restarted machine but still the same issue.

Any suggestions…

but the drive is not detected …i tried to reinstall the drivers restarted machine but still the same issue.

Any suggestions…

This is kinda freaky. Mine started doing that on Friday as well. Wow.  Too many at the same time.

Mine spins, lights come on, it pops up and asks if I want to give it permission to change my pc. I finally said yes (all I was doing was using the My Passport and saving to the drive). Now it is asking for a password. Well, I never put a password on it. So it just kicks me off. … rendering this thing useless.  I’m very frustrated and it seems it is not itermittent. Too many people with the same issue. 

Almost as if the software/driver, etc was programmed to do this.

Any more thoughts on how to fix this?  Very frustrating.

Hitesh wrote:

Any suggestions…

OP has a problem with non spinning drive, how do you have same issue when you say that you can hear spinning sound. clearly not the same.

Hi ,

I am using MY Passport Essential and it has not been detected to My PC or laptop. The light is bliking and spinning sound is coming but not showing any drive in My Computer window. I have tried connecting to other PC and Laptop, but

same problem. pls help to resolve this issue.

Any solution for this?

Mine is doing  the same, LED light flashing, drive spinning but no detection on PC, I only use 1 PC and I never had any problems before.

Same with mine. About a year old, probably past warranty of course. On a Macbook Pro. Reformatted using the Disk Utility and it worked fine. Backed everything up from my Mac after reformatting. Stinks though, I had some other stuff on there besides the backups…

hai my passport essential 500 gb not reading data…when connecting to laptop…the led blinking…but not able to read the data…anyone can help me resolve this issue

Hi ,

I am using MY Passport Essential and it has not been detected to My PC or laptop. The light is bliking and spinning sound is coming but not showing any drive in My Computer window. I have tried connecting to other PC and Laptop, but

same problem. pls help to resolve this issue.

Hi,

I have a 1TB My Passport Essential working perfectly fine on my 13’’ MacBook with Snow Leopard 10.6.8.  It also works fine on my PS3. But tried it on my friends PC and my new HP Pavilion M6 and it won’t show on the Disk Management on My Computer.  The disk light turns on and I can feel the drive spinning but it’s nowhere to be found on my PC.  I’ve tried it on every USB slot and also checked if the USB ports were enabled and all the settings seem to be how it should be.  I see everybody is having the same problem, I think it’s time a WD representative adresses this matter.  I know I won’t be buying WD ever again. 

Hope somebody sorts this out…

I have the same issue. My 1t passport is 3 a day old HD in my hand. After two days, It doesnt appear on My Computer.  I tried to install new drivers and stuff, but it doesnt work. It’s LED is blinking and creating a repeatedly sound. Help. Someone is responsible for this issue. 

my 500gb passport is a year old n a few months back it went dead i.e not being detected at all on my laptop, i have iportant data. can i still recover it?

Agree.  Same issues here.  WD need to front up to save face & keep their customer base.  There are plenty of backup options out there WD…