My passport essential doesn't finish it's back up

When I use my passpost essential (which isn’t very often) it doesn’t finish. This time it got to 8.3GB and stopped, I left it all night but it was the same in the morning , there was about 8.7 total to back up and it was a bit of Music which was left. Is it supposed to do it all and stop?

Also it seems very complicated to update the software and I haven’t dared to do it. Could this be the problem?

I hope someone can help please. Jan

Complicated… Not really

you need to be careful tough… But in this case needs to be updated

just follow the instructions on the update page

• Before updating the firmware on your drive, make sure you have a copy of all the data on your drive stored on a separate device.
  • If you are using a laptop, please make sure the battery is sufficiently charged
  • All AntiVirus software MUST be disabled.
  • All Anti-Spyware software MUST be disabled.
  • ANY and ALL programs that would require drive access during the update MUST be disabled .

Thank you for your reply Wizer. The bits of the update quoted above are what I’m having trouble with. I have nothing else to copy data to, my laptop battery is too old to charge for more than 5 mins so can I do it on mains? Is it safe to disable my security? I don’t know what the last question means even.

Any ideas please?

Thanks Jan

Disable the firewall and antivirus program 

any other security software like internet security as well

1 Like