My Passport after erasing backup

After first connecting My Passport and everything downloading (WD Discovery, Security, Utilities and Backup) with all the icons appearing on my desktop, I tried everything to see how it worked. I used backup and everything seemed to go smoothly. I decided to rethink what I actually wanted to backup and used the erase function to start again. I have since discovered I need to download backup again. Thinking it would be easier to uninstall everything and start again, I discovered simply connecting My Passport won’t automatically download the drivers etc.To get it working again I need to download the drivers but I’m not sure what to download. I initially had all the goodies WD downloaded but do I need everything to make My Passport work? Do I need to download Discovery only and that will give me everything or download Backup seperately and Security seperately? Will automatic updates to the drivers only work with all the software downloaded? If I download everthing again, do I need to download in a specific order? I really just want to use the backup feature and would like to have security and add a password to the drive.Any help would be appreciated in understanding how to set this up properly or is it easier to buy a new drive and start fresh?

Hi iliasarda,

As you mentioned that you just want to create the backup of the computer and set the security on the drive, then you just have to download WD Backup which would create the automatic backup of your computer and WD Security to set the password on the drive. You don’t have to download anything else. Your My Passport would work fine.