My passport 750 gig and a wireless network HELP!

hello i have a netgear wndr3400 wireless router and a my passport 750gig and no password protection ( if that matters) and im trying to hook it up to my network and its bugging me nothing i try works and i tryied google but no one seems to have this problem please help this is bothing me to no end 

thanks 

chris

On the one hand, Netgear’s page about ReadyShare kinda says that password drives will not work connected to the USB port.

On the other hand, on the “Compatibility” page for the WNDR3400, several models of Passport have been reported to work with it.

It seems as if it _ should _ work as long as you don’t set a password, but I don’t know if we have enough information to reason out why it isn’t working for you.

ok lets see i have no password on it its connected to the router i put my ip adress in to go to the routers site i go to the usb settings its set to acept all usb that connects to the router still not working so i go to advance settings in the usb settings  nothings there it shows my passport as its not even connected to the router im not sure what else to say thats all its doing nothing but the light on the my passport does blink like it does when its connected to my laptop

hope this helps get this fix 

thanks 

chris