My new phone won't connect to MPW WiFi network

Since the last time I used my MPW, I got a new Android phone (a Moto G5 Plus running Android 7.0). When I try to connect to the My Passport WiFi network with the new phone, the connection fails. I briefly see “obtaining IP address” but then the status reverts to SAVED. I tried many times, always with the same result. As an experiment, I tried connecting with my old phone (a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2.2). It worked just fine! So it is definitely a phone problem. Is there some setting I can change to make it work?

My current MPW firmware version is v1.07.02

There should be a way to “delete/forget” the old WiFi connectection. On iOS it asks “Forget This Network?” Not an Android user, so cant be more specific.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did tell my phone to forget the My Password network many times. I rebooted the phone, I rebooted the MPW, I tried moving the phone and MPW closer together and farther apart, I tried different areas of the house. The phone sees the network but will not join the network. Curiously, all of my other devices connect immediately with no problem. They including a six-year old Android phone running an old version of Android as well as a recently-purchased Chromebook, and a Windows PC.

have you find the reason?