My Net AC Bridge only connects on low 5ghz frequencies

Yes, this was driving me carzy at Channel 153. I’m so glad another forum member tipped us off. I’m trying to set up my N900C. I thought I would use it as an AP while I’m doing other things. Another surprise surfaced:

So, WD support says only the hardwired ports work when in AP mode. Well…that would have been something else that should have been in the manual. After reading through the Legacy My Net Products forum posts regarding the N900C, I certainly hope I can at least get it to work in my SUV as a media server via 5 GHz. I’m beginning to think the router’s lack of proper thermostatic control of its internal fan and its inability to properly power the internal hard drive by switching it on and off constantly is going to make this a device with a short life span. The AC Bridge and the Range Extenders are great but I may have made a mistake by purchasing the N900C. I’m going to abandon the AP idea and see how much luck i have setting it up as a plain old 5 GHz N-only wireless router. That’s all it needs to be for the wife’s SUV.