My Net 900 Central as Range Extender and Printer Status 'Not Ready'

Hi, I have 2 Questions:

1. I would like to us my My Net Central as a Wireless Range Extender and Network Hard Drive. Is there any way to do this? I would like to use another router as my Primary Router, and the My Net as a Wireless Backup drive range booster for my network.

2. I have a HP Laserjet 1320 Connected the the My Net Central via USB and the status reads as Not Ready. I have tried to right click and enable AUTO CONNECT, but this does nothing. I am able to manually connect it, but it disconnects and then sometimes becomes impossible to reconnect. I just downloaded the latest software and it doesn’t help.

Please let me know what I can do.

Otherwise, are there 3rd party firmwares that could work?

Thanks

Hello,

Unfortunately the My Net will not work as a range extender.

For the printer issue take a look at this links:

After connecting a USB printer to a My Net router, the printer does not appear on the network 

USB Printers tested with WD Print Share for My Net routers 

Hi, took a look at the links prvided.

My printer is on the List. HP Laserjet 1320. It still doesn’t allow auto connect. This feature worked very well with my old DLINK Router.

I did some more troubleshooting by installing the print share on my old computer (windows 7 pro) and IT WORKED.

My new computer is a windows 8.1 machine. Is it possible that your software doesn’t work well with windows 8.1?

Can this be checked and UPDATED by you?

THanks.