Well add me to the list. Been using my 2 TB MyBook Studio with my Mac for a week or so with my Mac Mini using the FW800 port. It just randomly disconnects, sometimes pops back for a few seconds. Sometimes a reboot will find it again, and sometimes it won’t. The power button behaves sometimes, usually it does not. If I unplug and plug back in the firewire cable it will almost always come back, but not always for long.
- Using with USB cable now and seems to be staying connected. (I didn’t pay a premium for another USB drive however)
- I have had the same issue with and without the WD software installed.
- I have tried both FW800 ports on the drive.
- I made sure the sleep setting is off in the software settings page.
- The WD software reported the temperature was OK.
- The drive is standing upright now.
- I have the most current firmware.
Suggestions? Ideas? I can barely understand the tech support people, and they haven’t come up with any viable options. Thank you.