My media view does not show mkv & iso but network share view does?

Hi,
I have avis and divxs that show correctly in network share view and my media view. When I add an mkv and a iso I find that I can see it in network share view, but they do not show in my media share view. There are other avis in the same folder that show up in both views. I have rescanned the folder, also tried re scanning in settings where network share is in settings, also have went into settings and removed media share and then added. Other files avis that are added after show up in both views.

Thanks for your help,
Bryan

Network shares will always show everything and that is why users normally recommend it. Media servers normally only show files that they can serve and that is their limitation in comparison to Network Shares.

1 Like

That makes sense but I wasn’t clear, when you have a list of videos on the screen, you have a choice to select source when I choose the first choice my media i do not see the mkv or iso files I am not choosing further down the list media server sorry I am at work and trying to remember the menu wording.
Thanks for your help,
Bryan