"My Media Library" via network share?

I had this working fine before updating the firmware, but after rolling back I still cannot seem to get this working so I thought I’d throw it out to the community to see what I might be doing wrong.  I’m still relatively new to the WDTV Live (upgraded from Live Plus), so please be gentle!  This is my current setup (that did work previously):

1. My NAS has a dedicated user for the wdtv.  I can connect with this user via network share and see all of my content.

2. This user has r/w access to the folder(s) that contain my media I’m trying to connect to.  I have tried with and without delete permissions for these folders and it does not seem to make a difference.

3. What I had done previously was enter my username/password for the network share and suddenly “My Media Library” became an option as a media source.  That allowed me to select only the folders from the share that I wanted for a given activity (my video folder for videos, music for music, etc.).  I suspect that it wasn’t quite as automatic as I think it was and I’m missing a step.

What I really liked is the metadata.  I can work around the display issues (I think) by creating different shares for different folders and filtering the content for each activity that way, but I cannot do any scanning to get the metadata this way.  Anyone have any simple suggestions I can try out on this?  I’ve tried a factory reset without success as well, just to add that data point.

Thanks,

-aaron

After reading your post a couple of times, I am still at a loss as to what you’re saying the problem is.  :)

Sorry about that…

My problem is that I am unable to use My Media Library as a content source using my NAS.  I can use Network Share as my media source, but  if I do that I cannot fetch any metadata.  I had this working prior to upgrading my firmware, but no matter what I do now I am unable to see it as an option.  I was hoping that someone out there had some suggestions to get this working with the WDTV Live.

Thanks,

-aaron

Have you set the media library up? It’s under setup / system / media library manager

YES!!  Thank you sir!  I’m sure I stumbled upon that when I originally set it up, but I’d completely forgotten that area.  All is well now.  Thank you thank you thank you!

-aaron