My list of problems/suggestions

These are issues I’ve run into with my WDTV Live Hub and some hopes & dreams

Latest firmware installed

1.  Add option to set logo light to stay on when on. no flashing

2.  I can move files to the hub via pc while watching something but cant move with the hub and watch something

3.  use a set of arrows for volume level output control to avoid needing two remotes

4.  pressing OK while watching something should also show time/temp

5.  when extracting or copying a file from my laptop to a drive connected to the Live+ I could begin watching
it during the transfer. on the hub, minutes after it’s transferred, the WD logo is still flashing and the
file isn’t listed. 1.1gb mkv took almost 4 minutes to show up. Also seems to take much longer to copy
files to the hub

6.  when browsing files, going “down” to the last file in the list, then one more takes me back to the top of
the list. if I’m at the top and press “up”, I do not go to the bottom of the list but to the
red/green/blue selections but I could just press the remote buttons for those functions

7.  I moved a folder from a drive connected to the hub, to the hub.  When I look at the file list on TV, the folder is listed twice and the folders inside that folder are duplicated as well but files are only listed once in each folder/duplicate.  Looking at the hub from my laptop everything is as it should be.  I can also play the videos in all duplicate folders with no problems including the ability to resume.  Restarting the hub does not fix the problem and I was also able to duplicate the duplication problem  :slight_smile:
Only the two folders I moved to the hub are duplicated.  The “Sample Media” folder that was originally there is still a single.
Just noticed that on the root directory of the hub I have the two duplicated folders I moved, then the single “Sample Media” is listed last.  Inside the duplicated folders, the first folder is not duplicated but all others are AND the folders inside the non-duplicated folder ARE duplicated, except for the first.  weird stuff fixed v2.03.24

7a. 01/09/11
    dragging a folder to the Hub
    extracting a file to an existing folder on the Hub
    moving a file on the Hub to an existing folder on the Hub
All resulted in the folder on the hub being duplicated.  I thought that issue was fixed but it’s starting to happen again.  This time all actions have started from Windows Explorer on my laptop.

8.  clock on 12hr format only shows minutes after midnight until 1am

9.  scrolling of files names needs to be faster or selectable speed

Please add these to the list of problems

1. “RESUME” playback not possible for DVD.ISO if Media Library is not turned on - (It works fine for all other media types)

2. Certain DVD.ISO does not work and results in blank screen and returns to Menu, the same works fine in preview mode

3. HDMI Handshake issue wherein user settings especially RGB HIGH is not remembered when the unit comes out of standby or if USER switches TV inputs.

4. OGG VORBIS encoded audio tracks in MKV, MP4, AVI causes loud cracking noises

5. If you eject USB 1 HDD device and immediately attempt to eject USB 2 device, it hangs the unit

6. There is NO ZOOM capabilities for DVD.ISO media when used in Gallery mode

7.  There is no metadata capabilities for TV Shows, WD must attempt to include API’s for tvdb and IMDB

8. Custom backdrops for user’s home videos is not possible, WD must allow user to specify local images stored on their external HDDs as Backdrops

9. If the Movie tile has a “/” in the filename and user attempts to get Metadata using “Get Content information” it causes the unit to reboot itself

----- Many more — This is just a small list, Please feel free to add…

1. “RESUME” playback not possible for DVD.ISO if Media Library is not turned on - (It works fine for all other media types)  — Still not fixed in FW 2.04.13

2. Certain DVD.ISO does not work and results in blank screen and returns to Menu, the same works fine in preview mode – Confirmed Fixed in FW 2.04.13 - Thank you!

3. HDMI Handshake issue wherein user settings especially RGB HIGH is not remembered when the unit comes out of standby or if USER switches TV inputs. - This will never get fixed  :angry:

4. OGG VORBIS encoded audio tracks in MKV, MP4, AVI causes loud cracking noises —  Still not fixed in FW 2.04.13

5. If you eject USB 1 HDD device and immediately attempt to eject USB 2 device, it hangs the unit  —  Still not fixed in FW 2.04.13

6. There is NO ZOOM capabilities for DVD.ISO media when used in Gallery mode  —  Still not fixed in FW 2.04.13

7.  There is no metadata capabilities for TV Shows, WD must attempt to include API’s for tvdb and IMDB  — Still not made available in FW 2.04.13, But one of our WD community Member TonyPh12345 has made an excellent tool - Thank you! Tony

8. Custom backdrops for user’s home videos is not possible, WD must allow user to specify local images stored on their external HDDs as Backdrops -  Still not made available in FW 2.04.13

9. If the Movie tile has a “/” in the filename and user attempts to get Metadata using “Get Content information” it causes the unit to reboot itself -  Confirmed Fixed in FW 2.04.13 - Thank you!

The bug wherein If you eject USB 1 HDD device and immediately attempt to eject USB 2 device, it hangs the unit still exists in the FW 2.04.13…

Some new Hanging situations have cropped up with the new firmware, Like the remote control will stop responding all of a sudden while playing MP4 files and or AVI files. I cannot pin point what is the real reason.

Till we can recreate the actual cause for these random hangs and freezes wherein the remote control stops responding while the UNIT itself keeps working, Bit*ching  about it is of no use…

We must be able to recreate it only then it makes sense to write this to community so that WD can fix the problem