My imagination? With 1.04.31_B WD's UI color seem washed out

I updated to 1.04.31_B, now the WD UI screens’ blue seem washed out.  I recall it seem bluer on the last release, and now the blue appears as if I turned the brightness way up. 

It is hard to remember exactly how deep the blue was after a day or so - while I have 3 WD-Live Plus, I don’t have two exact same display, so I cannot do a side-by-side compare.

Anyone else observed that or is it purely my imagination?

1 Like

If you had read the specific upgrade thread, you’d see it is not your imagination,

i noticed it too

It is not your imagination. As TonyPH12345 said, I posted about this issue in the new firmware 1.04.31 thread:

Brightness Problem  (2nd post from the top)

I also saw the high brightness problem while playing back jpeg photos on the WD. The pictures look washed out.

Rick-in-NJ and sonny803, If you are haveing this problem please post it in the new firmware thread so that the WD engineers will see it.

We’re aware of this issue and we’re working on it. Thanks for the bug report.

Yeah, and if you guys had read the release notes, you would have seen … ummmm. … never mind.

:)  jk

tjkaz wrote:

Yeah, and if you guys had read the release notes, you would have seen … ummmm. … never mind.

:)  jk

seen what?

Guy_K wrote:

We’re aware of this issue and we’re working on it. Thanks for the bug report.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post that! It really helps this community forum when we hear directly from the WD staff!

tjkaz, what are you talking about…I don’t remember reading anything in the release notes about the high brightness problem?

Given his “jk,”  I think that was his point. :wink:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Given his “jk,”  I think that was his point. :wink:

Yep, was just kidding. :smiley:

Actually, I posted a question after the “…31_V” version came out for the Live and before the “…31_B” version for the Plus asking if some of the issues and complaints that the Live users were experiencing (like washed out UI, purple video, etc) would be addressed PRIOR to the release for the Plus.  At that time, there were already over 18 pages of posts of people complaining with issues.

A “well meaning” poster referred me to the release notes page. :smileyvery-happy:  Maybe the release notes should look like pharmaceutical ads; Lists not only the features, but also the potential side effects!

Wow…I wish I would have come out here before adjusting my TV settings! I thought my TV settings had reset or something for that input. Trying to remembering my old settings will be fun… :slight_smile:

yeah i get this too

somehing else nobody said here before: when scrolling through the list, if you stop on one video, when the preview starts, the color of the menu changes back to the way it was before the upgrade, it kinda deepens ans sharpens…