My iMac 'isn't supported'!

I bought a WD Elements 2TB storage for my iMac. I have installed the software. When I click the icon a window opens to tell me that My ‘iCloud Device is not supported.’ I click the files.mycloud.com link and get to the ‘web access’ page. But I cannot sign in as the page is totally unresponsive – the buttons don’t work. The device is of course unusable.
All I really want is something to plug in and drop files into (I don’t need My Cloud). I am mystified. I am in a knot over something that should be so simple.
Any advice would be gratefully received.

The WD Elements range is just basic no frills storage

I bought several WD Elements 2TB drives in the last two years and have never installed any software that came with it … and just use the drive as a simple plug in, drag and drop of files for backup purposes…

If all you want to do is the same as i do, then you don’t need any software installed to do that.

Un-install and don’t use the software if all you want to do is a plug in, and drop files.

Thank you for your reply. This is what I wanted, but saw no way to circumvent the login. Then it repeatedly told me that my password is incorrect. I change it, write it down (so I know for sure that it is correct) and it all happens all over again. Anyway, problem solved. I appreciate your time.

Hey, thank you so much for the answer and the explanations ?