My FW upgrade problems are fixed. Here’s what I did

I have 3 computers (W7, Vista, XP) networked to the 3 TB MyCloud and a 1TB harddrive connected to the MyCloud via the USB port. I backup the computers to the 1 TB drive. This worked fine until the upgrade.

After the upgrade:

Applications that used the mycloud all failed – Timed out.

The USB drive no longer appeared in explorer

Dashboard, Quick view, and the My cloud software were all inoperable

1. I disconnected the USB drive and did a 4 sec. reboot on the mycloud using the button on the back. When it came back up, I reconnect the USB drive. It still said “0KB free of 0KB available” on dashboard and did not appear on any of the networked computers.

2. I then ejected the USB drive on dashboard, waited an hour, and reconnected it. Then the real capacity appeared and it now appears on the computers.

Response time was still terrible. Transfer rates of 200Kb/sec. Quick view and the MyCloud software were still dead, but I could access the USB drive.

1. Did a hard 40+ sec reboot of the unit using the button on the back. Blue light flashed for 7 hours. The manual says this means “HDD standby mode”, but offers no explanation of what that means or what one should do.

While the blue light was flashing, the dashboard loaded quickly and Quick view and the MyCloud software appeared to work.

However, applications could not find the MyCloud, and it did not appear in explorer.

1. Pulled the power plug and reconnected, and everything seems to work. Dashboard loads slowly, but it always did. The MyCloud appears in explorer and Quick view and the MyCloud Software work.

Aggravating – but I’m running again.

This consumed about 16 hours – Where do I send the bill?

This consumed about 16 hours – Where do I send the bill?

Love it…let me know when you find out!!!

Phil (UK)