My drive just keep on filling even I delete files but it says "0" bytes remaining

Hi,

I am using windows 7 ultimate on HP pavilion dv5000 and I installed my back up of this PC on my WD 1TB My Passport. It worked fine till lately I noticed that it remains filled up even when I delete files from this drive. I have deleted over 9GB and the space remaining on my drive is “0”. I scanned the drive for viruses the result is clear. I upgraded the firmware recently to the latest version with no problems. I am not sure what is eating up my space in the drive the normal testes and checks that came with the disk are all clear and OK. Anyone here has a suggestion please !

Thanking all in advance

Naeem

Hello,

Are you using WD Smartware to backup your drive? If so, try to access the folder smartware.swstor to verify the backup content.

Its not the back-up I am looking for (although it is there) I am asking for the problem that fills up my drive without a reason…(apparent reason)

Hello,

Smartware backups up to 3 version of each file. Therefore this could be a reason why the drive is filling up, however you need to check the folder that a mentioned to make sure how many versions of each file are store in your drive.

Oh yes I know that fact but is there a way OUT of this because prior to a few weeks ago this was not my problem and i never ran out of the space now it is gobling up ALL that becomes available…no matter what i do but i will make some more search today to see what can be done because i hate loosing space every time i create it…