My device seems bricked! not playing movies it used to play

hi all,

sorry if this has already been discuss but i did not find any post to solve my problem.

i had the player for over a year now and overall i am satified with.  all of a sudden i am unable to play movies i used to play, i can’t stream youtube also.  it is like the device is bricked!  i can see the menus and the movie title but it’snot streaming.  the device is connected through ethernet.

the strange thing is that when i reset the player, it works.  when switch it off and on again…back to step 1.  bricked!

is there a way to hard reset the device and wipe everything and start all over?

or any other solution?  is it hardware or software?

thanks for your help.

aldo 

To reset as per instructions, take a paper clip or other small object and push reset button next to the usb port on the side of the unit, for 1 or 2 seconds and release.  Also check for current firmware, not sure if that would help but you should be at 1.06.16

thanks.

i have the latest firmware.

already done the paper clip thing.  as soon as i switcg off the WD and back on, it won’t play anything! ;-((

Sorry, I missed the part where you already resetted.  I’m no expert as you can see.  So when you shut if off and then back on, have you tried just waiting a few minutes before trying to access?  Will it read/play a usb drive when you can’t access your pc/internet?