My Device is not found

Windows 10 PC has a My cloud connected with Ethernet cable Seems to work just fine.
Purchased a lap top with Win 10. I have a internet with ATT. Everything seems to work just fine.
BUT!!! My laptop can not find the MYCLOUD using my network at home. House to shop etc.
So I have brought the lap to the MYCloud and still get the device not found. I have even connected a Ethernet cable and get device not found. I have no clue what to try next …

Any Ideas would be very helpful … thanks in advance for any help

Generally one would connect the My Cloud to a router, or to a switch which is then connected to a router. That will allow other computers to access the My Cloud.

Because you are using AT&T you may want to see the following WD Knowledgebase article that may be relevant.

Also, if you haven’t done so already, you may want to read the My Cloud User Manual (https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=904) which explains how to setup the My Cloud and use the various features/options of the My Cloud.

Lastly, in certain cases one has to ensure their Windows 10 PC is properly configured. The following post may help, in particular Windows 10 Specific Method 1 through Windows 10 Specific Method 5.

Oooooops I totalllllly forgot to hook up to the router & not the Desk top I will give that the try

Thanks for the wake up