My computer cannot find My Cloud on my network

I have not had a problem reconnecting after removing my Surface Pro from its docking station, but now my computer cannot find WDMyCloud at ALL! I reset it. I have reset my computer. I have restarted my router and modem. Please help!!!

What are the lights (LED’s) on the back of your My Cloud doing? Are they working? I take it the front LED is blue.
Have you tried a different cable for your connection to your router or a different switch?

cat0w
USA

Check your router’s IP table to see if the My Cloud has changed it’s IP. Then open up your browser and type in that IP address … 192.168.xxx.xxx and see if the Dashboard shows.

Yes, the lights are blinking. I can see the dashboard. The IP address is different than my home network. Should they be the same?

If you can get to the Dashboard, within your LAN, then the My Cloud is working properly. What is confusing is you stated in your first post.

[quote]
I have not had a problem reconnecting after removing my Surface Pro from its docking station, but now my computer cannot find WDMyCloud at ALL! I reset it. I have reset my computer. I have restarted my router and modem. Please help!!![/quote]

This makes it sound like you have no access at all, then in your second post you stated you can access the Dashboard. What exactly are you trying to do?

Are you trying to access from outside your LAN … basically WAN access? Do you have “Internet Access” turned on in the My Cloud?

I’m trying to map it as a network drive.

How are you mapping the drive? By name, for example \\wdmycloud? Or by IP address, for example \\192.168.1.2?

Are you having trouble on a Windows computer or the Surface Pro tablet? If a Windows computer, what version of Windows are you using?

If using Windows 10 there is a known problem with the Windows 10 November update that causes Windows 10 not to properly list the My Cloud (or other NAS devices) under Windows File Explorer. The solution is to update the Windows 10 computer with the latest Microsoft updates. Microsoft release an update on March 1 that appears to fix the problems Microsoft introduced this past November. The following thread goes into more detail on the Windows 10 issue.

https://community.wd.com/t/compilation-of-windows-10-methods-steps-and-solutions/142576