My Cloud Transmission Update 1.07

Hi,

I have similar problem. After updating the app its not working anymore. Capture version
Rebooted, still not working.
Tried to uninstall - uninstall popup is displayed, but when the process is finished, the app is not uninstalled.

Stuck. :frowning:

P.S. I have no knowledge of linux.

I removed all installed apps included transmission, except plex. I rebooted the NAS, installed transmission again and then the app worked fine.

Thanks for the reply.
I managed to fix uninstallation issue.
Now im able to add or remove transmission, but unfortunately the app is broken:
none of the settings buttons work, config button is absent.

• not able to add any torrents for download. :confused:

Same problem as skabais.
Since the transmission update, nothing is working anymore.
None of the buttons are working and not able to ad any torrent.
Help please!

THX!

Came back after work today, by the habit opened Transmission to check the status and found out that all is working fine… :confused:

Version 2.94 :slight_smile:

The same thing happened to me before the update. It would half load the interface but everything else missing including the torrents. I sweated over it for a couple of evenings (though nothing drastic) with no luck, then mysteriously it started working again as if nothing had happened!

I also made the mistake of updating to version 1.07 and now Transmission does not work completely. When I open it directly to the NAS IP address, everything is fine (for example, http://192.168.0.8:9092/transmission/web), but when I attempt to open it through a routed port on the router, it gives me a 421 error: Misdirected RequestTransmission received your reques …

my redirection is from DDWRT and it is for all requests on port 9092 from the external IP to be forwarded to the internal IP of EX2 Ultra. This redistribution transmission port worked for more than 2 years to upgrade to version 1.07.

I tried all the options for installing, uninstalling, restarting but without success.

Please tell me where to download version 1.05 again

I have also made the mistake of upgrading… now my transmission folder is gone!!! I had lots of files in there and they’re all gone.

I have the same as BukmopBG’s problem since the update. I have a registered host name at Noip, and transmission web interface working properly on my home network, but there is 421 error in remote access. It works with WAN ip of my router, but does not with hostname
I didn’t find this solution. That would be good, if it improved because I would not like to use the router’s Wan ip address on other insecure networks.

where is the settings.json located ? i cant find any such file other than my shares folder. and transmission folder is empty.

The standard answer to that is to access it with SSH, but I used an FTP client.

There are instructions online but I kind of worked it out my own way. Let me know if you’re still lost and I’ll try to dig out my instructions.

I found it based on it and I set in “setting.json”:

rpc-host-whitelist": “example.example.example”

Coloque * em rpc-host-whitelist
Apenas isso.

Attention acesse por INTERNET EXPLORER

can you pls provide some kind of instructions? I have no idea about ssh or ftp clients.

Hi Krellow, did you have any luck? I have the same issue like yours, I haven’t found any usable info so far…:confused:

Hi, Transmission 2.94 should have a new fuction to set a “watch directory”. In this way, if you put a torrent in this directory, Transmission automatically will import it and begin the download.

Could someone please check if this function is actually available?

Thanks

I have held off from updating Transmission. For a 2 or 4 bay My Cloud would this sound like a good way of finding out if the update causes problems some have reported? Assuming you have Raid 0 drive mirroring or whatever the technical term…

1. Finish incomplete torrents, at least the ones that have a chance of finishing.

2. Shut down as many running processes, or even better shut down the NAS.

3. Remove one of the drives from the NAS, this being your safety net if the one still inserted becomes problematic after.

4. With the NAS running, update Transmission via the My Cloud App Store page.

5. Check all is running properly, maybe add a non-precious torrent or two, maybe let it run for a few days, basically until you are confident the update is a good one.

6. If all running fine after x amount of time replace the safety HDD and let the raid thing update. I can’t remember if there are specific steps to take here or if it does it automatically, maybe someone can confirm either way?

If the update causes issues then shut the NAS down, take out the updated HDD, put the safety in (with previous version of Transmission working), power up the NAS then do whatever steps are necessary to make that the primary drive so when you replace the one with the duff updated Transmission it gets wiped and becomes the raid 0 mirror of the safety HDD - essentially reverting to the state of the NAS before applying the Transmission update.

This to me seems like a fairly low risk solution. Can anyone pick holes in this idea?

I solved my problem by making my “IPv4 Network Mode” under network settings from DHCP to static. I don’t know if that will solve your problem.

don’t install this upgrade if U want save your torrent list.
unfortunately after install whole list was cleared - ■■■■■■■■ !!!

It may come back, mine did with a previous update. Just restart it and let it sit for a while while it does what it does, and run the tests in utilities. There’s a good chance it will come back but be patient.