My Cloud - The network name cannot be found

mphyssas wrote:

Hi - i had an issue previously with accessing folders on my laptop but was resolved by system resolved. Now I unable anymore to access files through the wd2go? Which is odd as it works fine with the WD desktop app. I am also able to access it through my iphone and have tried to access wd2go on 3 other laptops so leads me to beleive this is an issue on the server.

I am not ruling out a windows issue on the laptops as they seem to scupper everything else at the moment. Also works on my iphone. 

I’ve tried creating the netdav.inf and placed it into the folder. Checked restarted services - still no joy. Running windows 8. All my issues started it seems when i added a new user and then tried to delete an other user. 

Any help appreciated. 

Can i firstly say that i am not just posting and then submitting solutions to my own problems! hehe. I am regularly checking others solutions and found by following other threads they have aided in solving issues for myself particularly…

So this solution worked for me:

I followed Reny72 solution in uninstalling all WD my clound related programmes.  link

I then rebooted my laptop

I then installed my cloud desktop apps (this might not be important as i didn’t check wd2go), 

I then ran wd2go and hey presto i was able to map the drives! 

If this worked for you please kudos this and also kudoes Reny72 as i used his solution to a different issue that seems to have helped this for me…

let me know either way if this works for you as I am regularly pushing my cloud in different ways.