My Cloud - Support Apps and Safepoints

Hi there,

Running MacOS X El Capitan 10.11.2

I am completely unable to install any of the WD support applications, such as WD Access and WD Sync. When running the install app, they fail immediately with the message ‘WD Access Setup quit unexpectedly.’ Booting in safe mode did not resolve the issue.

Here’s the error report

Second issue, when managing the drive from the web interface, my safepoint is setup to backup every day at 12am. I have left this running over the weekend hoping to get my first backup - unfortunately it hasn’t been created.
Looking at the profile again I see that the next backup is scheduled for Mon Jan 23 2017 0:00:00 AM, which is next year. I have checked the time and date is set correctly on the drive.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem. After the October FW Update, MyCloud time is 3 hours ahead on time stamps, and nearly 24 hours ahead on safepoints.

My safepoints will not even run at all any more, my time is still off, I have a case with Level II Support and no phone calls back.

Going to start researching other home cloud solutions. Both product and support leave a lot to be desired.