My Cloud replication over the Internet?

It’s not officially support but there’s several ways to mirror the clouds together over the net and all requires some linux/networking knowledge unless you have a 3rd party win/mac client doing the mirroring job on smb shares(slower). One of it you could use the preinstalled rsync and schedule a crontab every night to mirror some paths between the clouds. For the cloud acting as the “server”, it needs to have port 22 port forwarded on the router. The cloud client on the other hand will handle the rsync cron job.

Some tips:

* SSH into your cloud and use “rsync --help”.

* If the cloud “server” has dynamic IP, you can access using 3rd party dynamic DNS (you’ll need to implement these or if the router supports) or the ones provided by wd2go.com. i.e. wdmycloud.device(DeviceID).wd2go.com.

* Use compression and choose lighter Ciphers i.e. arcfour. May be also disallow pseudo tty. It helps to speed things up.

* Use a less common external port other than TCP port 22. Change to a strong root password!

All above is without installing anything extra on the WDMyCloud so it’s easy to revert. For security wise, other than point #3 #4, it’s your responsibility to protect the “server” from brute force attacks. I won’t cover more of those here.

Hope it helps.