My Cloud OS5 on iOS takes forever to access to my data

Since I made the update MyCloudOS5 on my MyCloudEx2Ultra the access form the iOS app (MyCloud OS5) takes forever to access to my data on my NAS even through the LAN. It used to be very fast with MyCloudOS3. What’s going on ? How to fix it ? Thanks.

@Laurent78 can you provide more details? Are you saying that when you open the My Cloud OS 5 app, you don’t get an immediate connection to your My Cloud device? Or that your device is still indexing and you don’t see 100% of the your content in the mobile App?

Do you get the same results from MyCloud.com Web App?

Hi. I mean that I have a blank screen first with the app and after a couple of minutes my folders eventually appear (or even do not appear). I can absolutely not access to my data. Same thing with WDMyCloud.com.
When I made the upgrade to OS5 few weeks ago it seamed to work at first.
Thank you for your help.

Have a look in this thread : My Cloud OS5 - Indexing taking forever
You are in the same situation as many of us. Your device is indexing the files, and it can be for many days/weeks.

Hey Brown! How come that WD support quickly reply to this thread but COMPLETELY IGNORE a strongly related thread with more than 270 messages complaining about indexing issues?

Should we start thinking you are doing it on purpose?

Indexing can be disabled at the Share Level for any share that you do not want available for remote access such as Backup Shares, TimeMachineBackup Share, etc…

5.05.111 firmware is releasing today and will be available for manual download as well.
My Cloud OS 5 Release Notes

Hello WD support,
I had disabled on my EX4100 the cloud access in general, as well I disabled users and shares to be visible to the web cloud portal, … as the troubles of indexing didn’t stopped.
Just 1 hour ago I installed the new firmware update successful.

Afterwards I enabled cloud web access, enabled a share and one user and sent invitation…
Result: I cannot access my EX4100 via the iOS app by the Ipad, neither by the wd cloud web portal with the same user, Return message was like “NAS device not supported” as I remember. I was linked to My Cloud

Next step was, I disabled the web cloud access of the user on EX4100. wait 5 minutes and enabled the acces again. - Same result.

Next try was just to reset the password of the user for cloud web access.
Result same error.

After the OS3 to OS5 FW Upgrade I had access which I used for short term. So I indicated the indexing trouble and removed all users and genearal disabled cloud web access to get indexing stopped.

What’s wrong ?

The invited Cloud user will receive an invitation email. Accepting and clinking the link in the invitation email associates the invited cloud user to the nas.

If the invited cloud user logs into cloud client apps without clicking on the link in the email, they will get “no associated NAS” message.

Thanks for guidance.
I just tried the same but at the menu option to send again an invitation to the specific user the screen hang up. . . .
The box tells me that it is updating, but ddin’t continue and get frozen for permantent.
It seem there is a process hanging or feedback from wd registration database is pending.
How can I fix this ?
grafik

:+1:Procedure and access of a different user worked proper, …like:
I logged in to my EX4100 and enabled another user for cloud web access and sent invitation, followed the link, went successful thru the steps to complete assignment. afterwards I was able to use the web cloud portal and ipad with this user to access the NAS.