My Cloud OS5 - Indexing taking forever

where ? i cant find anywhere to upload in the support portal !

found it

Done!

OK. I’ll try, and give you a last chance

EDIT: GAME OVER.
Thank you, WD. Since SIX HOURS MyCloud Mirror is no more accessible.

WHAT CAN I DO ?

@SBrown
VERY BAD START :frowning: :frowning:
Indexing started
 2 minutes to open “Settings”.
Then I tried to change “Energy Saving” settings. Grey screen since TEN MINUTES !!!
:sob: :sob:
Everything very very SLOW!

without words :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
from 3% to 3% in more than TWO HOURS of indexing

EDIT (after 1 day):
No more access to console (through browser) since TWENTY HOURS.
No access through Putty (“Access denied”).
I can access through SFTP Net Drive (SSH) and see that something is happening. Lots of files in \Volume_1\restsdk-data.
\Volume_1\restsdk-data\data\files directory always changing, but I can’t understand what’s happening.

HOW can I know if MyCloud Mirror is working, and not in a loop?

Thanks!

wdMyCloudMirror_05

it’s been over three (3) weeks since I did the upgrade. I cannot login into the mobile app (or any of the other users) and I have troubles to login into the admin account as well. Indexing is going on since the past 3 weeks and looks like there is no end to it. A few days ago, I received an email that the upgrade was finished so I thought that this would end all the troubles but indexing is still going on.

Instead of trying to fix what I have now, I’m more into looking for a better product
 4 years without any major issues but this is not funny anymore.

1 Like

@GeertVL, are you running the latest 5.106.115 firmware, and the new My Cloud OS5 mobile app?

See if this article helps on indexing. Try turn off indexing on the network shares you don’t need remote access:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30021/kw/indexing

Contact the WD Support team directly if you need further assistance:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

@jchen: Yes I do.

sometimes I can see some of the files that are on the drive but most of the times, I get the “time out” error.

not much difference login into the cloud with the app or web browser.

I had to turn off the power and disable that horrible Cloud Access.
Goodbye forever, WD :frowning_face:

1 Like

To everybody who are having issues with OS 5, I have had an email from WD support today
( Wednesday ) that there is an Update 5.07.118 coming out tomorrow . Don’t hold your breath on that it will cure everything ( I doubt it ) but it is something.

Steve ( UK )

Hi Steve,
Thanks for sharing the information.
I will read the release notes carefully

Daniel

My Cloud OS 5 Firmware 5.07.118 Release Notes

I’ve updated to 5.07.188 and now getting around 11MB/s transfer both ways (on a test 1.5GB mp4). Previously around 100MB/s. I notice that the dashboard becomes very sluggish during transfer too.

Will give the new firmware time to settle in, in case it’s doing something post-install in the background, and will try again later.

UPDATE
Forcing “Link Speed” to “1000” (was on “Auto”) under Settings > Network Services “fixed” this, now back to fast transfers :thinking:

A small question how long did it take for the “upgrading” part to happen, so not the indexing process, but the one before you reboot your system and flash the new OS onto the machine.

@HartleyC I’ve just upgraded and getting 100mbps+ speeds both ways.

@dwolfv ~2 minutes, the webpge doesn’t refresh for me while the device reboots, refresh page to check again?

@mirge101 Thanks, given that, I tried something and it worked (though not sure why necessary). I forced “Link Speed” to “1000” (was on “Auto”) under Settings > Network Services. I’m also back to regular, fast, transfers ~100MB/s+

What My Cloud Model?
EX4100 or EX2 Ultra?

@SBrown EX2 Ultra

so i did the updated before reading this forum, all i can say is wtf WD?
5 days indexing 500gb of mostly jpg and pdf some videos and its still going at 88%
can even access any of the files on the mobile app as it says its off line which is not , obviously i access it fine on my desktop via network or Os website but the mobile app is no go.
how do you all check the h.d temperatures?
can i reboot the cloud or is it going to start all over?
when all is done i might look into switching to a different cloud , well done WD ,

2 Likes