My Cloud OS5 App Template

I’m just rebooting it (which takes quite a while).

1 Like

That’s not surprising. I’m guessing that one or more installed apps has messed up your system, and entware is notorious for doing precisely that.

That’s an OpenSSL error. The WD mksapkg program depends on OpenSSL to be the correct version and for it to be working correctly, which may explain why you’re having problems.

Run the following commands and post the output.

• which openssl;
  • openssl version;

Regardless, it’s not the AppTemplate, and I’m 100% certain of it.

Okay, a little further understanding.

After I rebooted, I tried to install your version. It installed fine.

I then uninstalled it (made sure dir was gone) and installed my version of the same thing (built on PR4100). This was also fine. I then did the same for my version built on Docker. This ALSO ran fine!

I then ran another package that I built earlier and that one failed with the error I had been seeing (likely I made a mistake in it).

Now the fun bit. I then tried to install your version again and I get the same bug (despite the fact that we know it’s okay). So it seems that whatever I am doing in the package that is failing is also preventing future installs without a reboot. Not annoying at all!

1 Like

I only see that on Ubuntu, but I’m using a dockerised Debian from within that, so its OpenSSL error is unimportant.

Never thought that it was, just wanted to know whether the error I was seeing was because of Docker build or my NAS. Seems the latter, like because:

Yep, but it didn’t uninstall and is back in the list after reboot.

On Ubuntu:
/usr/bin/openssl
OpenSSL 3.0.2 15 Mar 2022 (Library: OpenSSL 3.0.2 15 Mar 2022)

On Debian (Docker):
/usr/bin/openssl
OpenSSL 1.1.1w 11 Sep 2023

On PR4100:
/usr/sbin/openssl
OpenSSL 1.1.1n 15 Mar 2022

1 Like

Again, I don’t do Docker, nor do I want anything to do with “Dockerized” environments because they’re simply too unpredictable. That, plus they’re almost always a massive headache to deal with.

The mksapkg program was created by WD, and I have absolutely no control over it, so if it’s not working correctly (for whatever reason), I suggest contacting WD Support.

Thank you :slight_smile: Using docker is the best solution of this task.
Please just make a little correction to your Dockerfile

COPY entrypoint.sh /usr/bin

RUN ["chmod", "+x", "/usr/bin/entrypoint.sh"] # <-- make the entrypoint.sh executable

WORKDIR /data