Hello My Cloud users,
With the release of the new 5.09.115 firmware, we have added support for additional My Cloud models listed below as Limited Public Release for you to try out before the official release. Please refer to this page to learn more about Limited Public Release.
To update your device to My Cloud OS 5, your device must be updated to the firmware 2.41.116 first. You can download the firmware from the links below.
Then, download the My Cloud OS 5 firmware from the links below and update manually. Be sure to check out the feature differences in My Cloud OS 5 in this knowledge base article and the 3rd party NAS app list in this knowledge base article before upgrading as this is a one-way update and you WILL NOT be able to roll back to the My Cloud OS 3.
To learn more on how to upgrade from My Cloud OS 3 to My Cloud OS 5, please visit this knowledge base article.
Here are also some important notes before you proceed with the update:
- Please backup your content before updating your device to the My Cloud OS 5
- This is a one-way update. Users will not be able to roll back to My Cloud OS 3 from My Cloud OS 5
- The device must be on the 2.41.116 firmware to update to My Cloud OS 5
- After updating to My Cloud OS 5
- User will need to create a new My Cloud OS 5 mycloud.com account from the web configuration dashboard as the My Cloud OS 3 mycloud.com account will not be compatible
- The My Cloud OS 3 mobile app will not work with the My Cloud OS 5 firmware (5.00.xx). Please install the new My Cloud OS 5 mobile app
- The My Cloud OS 3 web app will not work with the My Cloud OS 5 firmware (5.00xx). Please use https://os5.mycloud.com
- Apps installed in your My Cloud NAS will need to be re-installed after updating to My Cloud OS 5. Certain apps may need to be reconfigured
Feel free to share your feedback in the WD Community to let us know how the update went.
My Cloud Product Team