My Cloud OS 5: Dream update for the other My Cloud users?

I guess this is what we want for MCH.

See: https://community.wd.com/t/firmware-release-note-v5-02-134/256496

UPDATES IN THIS RELEASE

My Cloud OS 5 is a major update to the My Cloud operating system

• Updated Linux kernel to 4.14.22
  • Upgraded operating system based on Debian 10(“Buster”)
    • Updated Samba to version 4.9.5+dfsg-5+deb10u1
    • Updated Apache to version 2.4.38-3+deb10u3
    • Updated PHP to version to 7.3.19-1~deb10u1
    • Updated OpenSSL to version 1.1.1d-0+deb10u3
    • Updated Openssh to version 7.9p1-10
    • Updated glibc to version 2.28-10
    • Updated MariaDB to version 10.3_10.3.22-0+deb10u1
    • Updated rsync to version 3.1.3-6
    • Updated various other GPL packages to newer versions based on Debian 10 (“Buster”)
  • Various security improvements
  • Improved cloud access security and reliability
  • Supports new My Cloud OS 5 mobile app (iOS & Android), and web app at https://os5.mycloud.com
    • Improved auto backup (mobile only)
    • Improved photo browse view
    • Added HEIC file support
    • Added custom photo album support
    • Improved content sharing capability
    • Improved search
  • Added ability to a turn on/off Web and Mobile app access by network share from Web configuration dashboard
  • Enabled TimeMachine Backup via Samba to improve reliability
  • Resolved issue with device not automatically discoverable from Windows 10 Network browser
  • Updated Apps support
    • Various Backups, Twonky DLNA media server and iTunes server features moved to become user installable apps
    • Updated Twonky to 8.5.1
    • Updated iTunes server to use forked-daapd-27.1
    • Updated ClamAV to version 0.101.4
    • Updated Wordpress to version 5.3.2
    • Updated Transmission to version 2.94
    • Updated Joomla to version 3.9.15
    • Updated phpBB to version 3.3.0
    • Updated phpMyAdmin to 5.0.2
    • Resolved Dropbox sync issues
    • Updated 3rd party apps such as Plex Media Sever, GoodSync, ElephantDrive, VirtualHere, TV/Media drivers
  • Improved RAID rebuild
  • Various minor bug fixes
1 Like

This was a mistake putting the new OS on my wdpr4100, the cpu runs at 50 percent constantly, the ram averages 46 percent usage now , the drives are running 4 c° hotter The word nightmare would be more appropriate

Yes the transition sounds a bit rough for some of you.

Anyway OS 5 looks way more capable than what we have with My Cloud Home so called OS 4…

Some of new feature are nice but making the usb a backup a separate app in a browser was dumb that should stay integrated, the needing double the resources to perform the tasks is ridiculous , the media server twonky app does give more usability again the doubled resources is not worth it.Between this and what wd pulled with the Red drives I am done with westerndigital ,great products have turned into garbage

Hi. I just update mine MyCloudEX2Ultra to OS5 version and i don’t see Transmission app on the list. I read changelog before start update to ensure is Transmission is still support. I’m really upset because i often use this app. There is another method to install Tranmission app? Thanks for answear.

You should look into My Cloud OS 5 dedicated subforum.

Many are complaining Transmission is missing. I understand it’s coming back with a future update.

do not update, see my id