My Cloud not visible on network/online after accidental power cut

Hi all,

I have accidentally disconnected the power from My Cloud, while both the device and my PC were powered on. After powering the device again, it is no longer visible on the network. This is true for Windows Explorer, WD Discovery and access via mobile app / browser. The device is plugged in correctly (via a router) and it was correctly map. The LED is solid blue, but I am unable to access any mapped drive or data on the device - as if it was completely unplugged. What can I do to restore access and get My Cloud to be visible again? I have a lot of data on the disks.

See attached.

Many thanks, Przemek

@rootsrat What Operating System do you have, is it Windows 10?

Have you rebooted your computer again to see if it will show in File Explorer>Network, if using Windows 10?

If after doing the above and you have Windows 10 have you checked this,

Hey there, thanks for your advice. My system spec:

Operating System - Windows 10 64-bit
CPU - Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.40GHz
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws-X 16 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-30)
Motherboard - MSI Z87-G45 GAMING
Graphics - ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Strix 8 GB VRAM

I have disabled and enabled SMB again, just to make sure. This didn’t help.

My Cloud worked perfectly fine prior to cutting the power, it’s only stopped being visible when I accidentally unplugged the power cord while it was turned on.

Maybe it’s not booting correctly now? Although the LED is solid blue, so should be OK… Yet it’s still not visible. Is there any way I can diagnose boot sectors on it?

Or can I take the disks out of the casing and connect them directly into my motherboard?

Start with the basic troubleshooting steps if you haven’t done so already. Power down; the My Cloud (be sure to remove the power cable), the computer, and the network router. Wait several minutes. As you wait check all the network cables to ensure they are fully connected. Power on the network router and wait for the router to fully boot up. Then power up the My Cloud (reattach power cable) and wait for the My Cloud to boot to a solid front blue LED. Then power on the computer and boot into the operating system. Wait a few more minutes then check to see if the My Cloud is accessible.

Thanks @Bennor. Tried your troubleshooting steps, but that didn’t help either. My Cloud is still not visible on the network.

Can you access the My Cloud Dashboard (via a web browser) using the IP address issued to the My Cloud by the router?

No, it’s timing out.