My Cloud Mirror Gen2 Firmware 2.30.165 (4/19/17)

I installed this update but now I cannot log in to the dashboard and cannot locate MyCloud Mirror. What can I fix this?

You should be able to see the IP address that your router has assigned the MCM by logging into the router (most have a page showing connected devices). You should be able to use that IP address to access the MCM - if you put it into a web browser it should allow dashboard access.

When you did the upgrade and rebooted the MCM, your router may have given it a new IP address from previously and so your links etc could be looking in the wrong place now.

I believe the update occurred automatically and then the device just stopped being recognized. My router shows the original IP address.

When I disconnect and reconnect the power cord I am able to access my files. However, after a while I lose the connection again. In addition, my dashboard log in is extremely slow as well as accessing the different tabs. any suggestions on how I can fix this would be appreciated.

The slowness may be the MCM cataloguing or indexing. Try turning off any service that you don’t need such as DLNA or photo serving.