My Cloud Mirror Gen 1 Not Accessible on WiFi, only ethernet

Like everyone else in WD NAS world, I have had recurring issues with the WD My Cloud Mirror 4TB, Gen 1 dropping from the network and not being visible on my Windows 10 PCs. I followed most of the usual suggestions incluidng and normally unplugging and restarting the NAS. Recently, the problem has been accelerating. I now only can see my NAS from an ethernet connection. I cannot see it in explorer while on WiFi. It does not respond to pings. As soon as I plug a CAT5 in, it appears. My HEOS music streaming devices are accessing it from both ethernet and WiFi connections, one of which is thru a wired access point. So that implies to me the router is not preventing devices from accessing the NAS. So here is a summary of what I have done.

Original problem: occasionally dropping off network requiring NAS to be rebooted.

• Previously: Previously done- Turned on network discovery and printer sharing (private & public) No change
  • Previously: Enabled NetBios over TCP/IP No change
  • Previously: Turn Windows Features on/off: Enabled SMB 1.0 and sub services No change
  • Previously: Turn off remote access & set static IP in router & in drive
  • 4/26/2020- unplugged cable & replugged it into back of drive- no change
  • 4/26/2020-Swapped cable to GS108 switch and put in different port on switch, no change, rebooted
  • 5/6/2020: turned off sleep mode (WAITING TO SEE IF IT DROPS OUT-didn’t help)
  • 5/21/2020: connected straight to router
    a) Left on and rebooted computer. Still couldn’t see
    b) remove/replace power to NAS 5/21.
    c) on 5/23 had to reboot. Will continue to see if persists
    NEW PROBLEM: 5/25/2020: started only being able to connect to NAS via LAN, WIFI connectivity doesn’t work
  • 5/28/2020: installed latest/last NAS firmware (not listed in auto updates, done manually) - 2.12.127
  • 5/29/2020: Switch NAS to SMB1 (no change)
  • 5/29/2020: switch NAS to SMB3 (no change) Put back to SMB3
  • 5/30/2020: turn of norton core intelligent scan & detection
  • 5/30/2020: confirmed everyone on same workgroup = workgroup
  • 5/31/2020: put router back on switch, No change
  • 5/31/2020: Reboot router, modem, NAS, PC- no change
  • 5/31/2020: allowed UPnP on router set-up
  • 5/31/2020: Router/PC/NAS all rebooted. No change
  • 5/31/2020: Firmware automatically updated. This is the second time in two days it has updated to 2.12.127.1219.2018. I manually installed what I thought was this firware update on 5/28/2020…???

Any ideas or suggestions of where I can look for solutions would be appreciated.

Enable SMBv1 on windows 10
Try changing max smb Verson on nas
Try modifying jumbo frames on nas
Update wifi drivers on pc.

Thanks for the input.

Regarding your suggestions:
Enable SMBv1 on windows 10 - PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED
Try changing max smb Verson on nas- PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED
Try modifying jumbo frames on nas- TO WHAT? ANY IDEAS?
Update wifi drivers on pc. - PREVIOUSLY DONE, They were current, but when I go to Device manager today, I cannot find the 2 NAS drives to check even though they are visible/accessible on explorer. See notes below. I had this problem before. I think I found the devices on Device Manager only while on ethernet. Any thoughts here?

6/1/2020: my initial thought was that it was not a router issue, not a PC issue. My streaming HEOS system still accessed the NAS implying it was not a Wireless Client Access issue. However, I have a 2nd NAS: My Book Live that was also disappearing while on WiFi. So, I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to try a different router so I disconnected Norton Core & used an old Netgear 3700 to see if it was Norton Core causing an issue. After the swap, I realized I needed to return the 2 NAS’s (My Cloud Mirror & My Book Live) to DHCP from static before changing routers. So, I reconnected the Norton Core to the modem. Whoops, I didn’t realize the My Book Live (which has had the same visibility issue) was already in DHCP, but it’s IP was reserved by the Norton Core. I put the My Cloud Mirror in DHCP and now everything works. (It too is reserved in the Norton Core router). It makes me ‘guess’ the issue was really that I needed a good reboot, different than what I had done in previous steps. My thinking is that I had the no visibility issue while on WiFI with both NAS’s but the My Book was already on DHCP. So it was not the static IP setting on the single NAS?? Maybe it was not the swapping of the My Cloud Mirror to DHCP, but rather the swapping of the routers and the attempts at the modem to setup IPs?? The Norton Core uses an unusual IP addressing system (172.16.10.2 and changes 3rd octet vs. 4th) and maybe that connection w/the modem needed to be reset since it is totally different. Even though I had rebooted everything in earlier troubleshooting.

So, I do not know what my next step in troubleshooting would be since I can now see my drives in WiFi again. Thank you Microsoft for your wonderful networking system.

Again, thanks for the input. Will update if anything changes. I have spent what seems like a week on this…