My cloud live was not detected in new router

After changing provider my book live is not detected inside router. When I logged to router TP-Link under wired client only my PC is detected with its IP address. If I connect Personal cloud from Seagate , that device is detected with its IP address.
Both devices were detected in my previous router and I was using them for years in my local home network.
I was trying to connect the My book live directly to computer ( windows 7 desktop) but it si not recognised by that way also. Typing ipconfig in cdm does not detect new network device. I have plenty videos on that device and I would not like to loose them.

MBL is a legacy product that is no longer supported and this is the wrong sub-forum to ask, but MBL could still be accessed by SMB if you look into the MBL sub-forum which the following will show you:

Hi
thanks for your reply
my question was why I cannot see or why my book live was not detect in new router when I log in the router. I am also running windows 7, not windows 10. I am not asking why I do not see my book live in the windows explorer. I already used it for long time and only when I change router a few days ago I got problem. Maybe there is some corruption. The light is on and ethernet light is on and occesionaly there is light on comms. ligt.
My thinking was that I should see that my device is connected at ethernet port in router using router log in. trough webpage. Also when the my book is connected trough ethernet as only device should be detected trough CMD and IPconfig. . Is any WD tool that can access the device that I can extract data from it. maybe using MAC address.

I wonder if the new router is using a different sub net…like maybe you use to use 192.168.x.x and now its 10.0.0.1 or something… what is PC IP and what is mybooklive IP…are they in the same group. Is your workgroup still called WORKGROUP…

BTW if you have data that is dear to you then you should be keeping it baked up!

Hi Thanks,
I checked with other previous router and previous router was 10.1.1.1 and new one 192.168.0.1 and when you connect device to the router and restart the router The router should assign new IP address to the device. I my new rowter , all light are on, but the device is not detected as wired ethernet connection. It is not detected at all inside of router. When I connected the my book live again to the old router it recognised as connected but not with IP address, That means the router after restarting did not assign IP address to the my book live and that is probably reason why is not recognised or detected on local network. Some corruption occurred. I am wondering is any tool that I can use to scan my book live using connection and maybe MAC address to retrieve the data. I read somewhere that if I dismantle hard drive that I cannot read dta from the hard disk because WD put some protection.
If somebody give me some advice how to retrieve data from my book alive I will appreciate that I already spen a lot of time trying various method already recommended I think main issue is that the router cannot assign new IP address to My book live.

You should be able to use http://mybooklive in a browser to access the MBL’s UI/dashboard I would try this first. Matter of fact I just used the link above and it worked on mine. Leave things as they are and try this. If you get in to it then you can access the network settings and see what’s what.

If you can’t access it try a reset then try the above method again:

Resetting the My Book Live - If you have set a password or a static IP address on the My Book Live dashboard and have forgotten it, pressing the reset button while the device is powered up resets the password to the default value of none and to default IP settings, which I think are DHCP.

Resetting does not erase your files.

1. With the device powered on, insert a paperclip or narrow tipped pen into the reset button slot on the back of the unit
  2. Press and hold down the reset button for four seconds. The device reboots (this may take up to three minutes).

Thanks,
I succeeded in resetting the device. I did not try that earlier because I was afraid that the resetting will erase my data. When I log into my router I can see my device is connected and its IP address. I can use that address in the Windows explorer network to access my data. Now I can access my device trough the http://mybooklive

Congrats! Love the success stories!