My Cloud home not visible in router

Hi, I’m trying to access my cloud home and is not accesible, i have tried all the resets and network checks but still nothing. The front led is in slow breath so i enter my router (docsis 3.1 fast 3890) and there i discover that the device is no listed in the ethernet ports, can i force a connection or anything to access the data? or it is possible to disassemble the unit to connect the hdd via usb as an external drive?

@necro04 Have you visited the Learning Center and looked at the information available and the User Manual?

http://learn.mycloud.com/

Is there any visible activity with the lights on the network ports?
There’s also the chance of a cable deciding to go on strike, or a port on the router so it might be worth plugging into a different one and/or with a different cable?
Sorry if those seem obvious, not everyone has the same idea of ‘all the checks’ as everyone else!

Otherwise I understand you can take off the lid and remove the disk and use a SATA/USB connector but you’ll need something that can understand the disk format, details in the ‘EntWare’ thread.

Hi! The leds were in slow breath, i have change the cable, the ports in the router, i have been exhaustive in the tests. I found several EntWare Threads but i dont understand completely if i have to install an ubuntu or similar in my virtual machine or if i have to try entware (i don´t know so much of terminal and other stuff to work with the line code)