My cloud home not activating

I finally got the power supply for the cloud home and reset it, getting ready to activate. So far, no matter what I do the white bar stays solid. I can’t login from Chrome, or activate it with the 9-digit code from the app. (It keeps saying that it’s looking for the cloud home NAS from what I remember). I don’t know what else to do. Everything seems to be functioning when I plug in the Network cable, and the light flickers on and off, from the network port. I believe an IP address showed up as well in my router configuration.

I didn’t realize how frustrating these things are until I started reading the questions on here. From what I have read, it is possible to hook them up to uart and reflash the firmware? I’ve not found a guide regarding a Cloud home unbrick but, maybe someone else was successful from bringing it back from the dead.

I have decent knowledge with connecting the board up and flashing so, I hope that will work. I just don’t see a guide mainly for this unit, or if it’s just a lost cause. Appreciate the help, though.

@donutchord

Have you read the User Manual and the instructions for setting up your device? See Chapter Two.

User Manual: My Cloud Home and My Cloud Home Duo (westerndigital.com)

1 Like

I followed all those steps, and it still doesn’t connect. I don’t hear anything from the hard drive. No clicking, nothing. Light stays constantly white as well, no blinking or anything. The drive shows up on my routers network as: 192.168.50.82. I did these steps from the app:

entered 9-digit code

“Setting up a brand new my cloud home?” “Yes, brand new to my cloud home”

Reset my cloud home to factory default settings 60 seconds (Hit the reset button for 60 seconds) “continue”

It goes back saying it can’t find it and retry with the 9-digit code. I get the same response from going to this website: My Cloud Home. I did create and account when it asked me too as well.

I guess it’s strange It shows up on my network but won’t connect to it. Maybe the hard drive is bad? I don’t know what else could be going wrong.

I ended up pulling the drive out and stuck it in my HD docking station. Looks like the drive is dead. I put a working one in the station and starts up fine. I think I’ll find something else they offer and just get it brand new to avoid this problem. lol. I appreciate the help though.