My Cloud Home file system

I have noticed that file system of WD Home drive is KDDFS. Does it should be NTFS, should I reformat? Is this a reason why many of people including me having problems copying large (5GB+) files?

Thanks

no this is a android based network drive. it does not use NTFS and you cannot format it.

It looks like there are improvements coming for large files and folders

People are not buying 4TB drives to copy 20mb but LARGE files mostly so this should be solved before releseing product.

1 Like

@drake79
The 5 GB limit is only for the Web App.
WD Discovery 2.1 for macOS and Windows do not have this limitation.
https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=1101&lang=en#WD_downloads

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=20400

Have it installed, drag and drop via windows explorer always give me copying error.

Od: SBrown
Wysłano: czwartek, 2 listopada 2017 20:37
Do: bhanajczyk@gmail.com
Temat: [WD Community] [My Cloud Home - Personal Cloud Storage/My Cloud Home]My Cloud Home file system

SBrown WDStaff
November 2
@drake79
The 5 GB limit is only for the Web App.
WD Discovery 2.1 for macOS and Windows do not have this limitation.

My Cloud Home
View product specification and support details for My Cloud Home.

Error Uploading Large Files with My Cloud Home Web App
This article explains the file size upload limitation of the My Cloud Home web app.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

drake79
November 2
People are not buying 4TB drives to copy 20mb but LARGE files mostly so this should be solved before releseing product.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I would recommend contacting WD Support and provide the WD Discovery Logs for investigation.

Thanks, how do I finds logs?

Regards,

Bart

I have the same issue, tried copying a 6GB file to My Cloud Home Duo via the finder (Mac, El Capitan) and it said the file was too large.

Yes man, this problem is still not resolved, as WD told me some updates are on the way. We will see, if you want to help please contact them and report this problem, more reported problem than better

Thanks drake79. a long time has passed and I still don’t see the problem solved. Does anyone have any news? This problem is ridiculous.

I have a new My Cloud Home 4TB system with firmware 7.15.0-160 and I still have this issue.
I cannot copy my VMware sessions with disk files bigger than 20GB…
How can I solve this?