My cloud home duo

Whoops!

We encountered an issue connecting to your account.

no connections enabled for the client

Hi Mj!

MyCloud online services are down.

http://status.mycloud.com/

That means that all of the features that require remote access cannot be implemented until the issue is solved.

Alessandro

Can someone explain to me why access to home duo on a local network is not possible?
I have an old WD device and I can see those files just fine over the local wifi.
However, the files on the new Home Duo are not visible on the local network.

If you’re among the last 2 days of affected customers, most likely you’re also among once of those affected customers because of western digital had been hacked that affected global users … :disappointed_relieved:

People should also know that there has been an exploit known on the IBI for a long time:
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=sandisk%20ibi
I also spoke with someone that had this to say a few months back:

“I work on one of the top iot security in the country and we have access to multiple dark web forums. We use these forums as research for vulnerability for alot of IOT technology that we bring to our home. Our daily scan consist of thousand of these pictures and videos. They are paid forums, and invite only. I am not allowed to give the direct forum, but search discord and you will find one or two of the admins of that forum baiting people to pay premium for contents that they stole from people’s cloud hard drives. One of the biggest leak happened due to WD vulnerability couple of years ago…their back door has not been entirely fix and their “answers” to many inquiries are " We discontinued supporting that version”."

• IBI, MCH and MCH Duo all run the same firmware with minor feature difference
  • Those CVEs were from mid 2022 and were applicable to all 3 devices.
  • MCH is running version 9 firmware, those CVEs all refer to firmware prior to 8.11
  • The CVEs have been addressed with WDC Tracking Number: WDC-22016 Nov 2022