My Cloud Home Duo useless device?

I’ve bought a big one. 12 Tb. Around 500 bucks. What for? To store files, what else? Can it store files? Theoretically, it can. But you can’t put it in there. It likes only BIG files, like movies. If you try to put there a folder with a lot of small files- leave your hope stranger. 1 Gb folder with small files, for example, image files, gonna transfer for… guess what? 4 weeks!!! No joke. Got screenshot. And it’s not only me- check this forum. Yes, they are serious. The only thing you can store on this drive- is big fat files. How do WD archive that? It’s a wonder. So it absolutely not usable for backup. You should call it “pirated movies hard drive”. I wanna give it back to the store if I could. Nobody says that before you buy this device. So I guess its kinda fraud. Dear WD! Please change something before smbd sues your for selling unusable NASes. And where are my 500 bucks? And if I can’t use it to store files what in the world it’s for??? Store 12 tb of movie files? Who the hell got 12 TB of movie files? Only pirates. So WD, what’s the deal here?

2 Likes

Right, also for me the duo is extremely slow with small files, such as photos. I use it mainly to store my raw photos… you can imagine what it means to open them in Lightroom.

By the way, now with macOS Catalina it is unusable because the latest version of WD discovery app is not supported :joy:

1 Like