My Cloud Home Duo: 64 bit requirement for windows app

The windows desktop app has a 64 bit operating system as system requirement. What exactly is not working when using a 32 bit windows? I do have some 32 bit windows 10 machines which I want to backup to My Cloud Home Duo. Is this possible? What about syncing?

Frank

Hello,

The My Cloud Home Desktop app is included in WD Discovery 2.1 and is used to mount the remote user space on Windows and macOS computers. The Desktop App remote mount requires a 64-bit OS

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=18608

As I understand the other tools which are included in WD Discovery 2.1 will work on 32 bit windows systems? Only for remote mount a 64 bit windows is required.

Frank

You can read this to find out more about 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems. You may need to enlarge the font to be able to read the article.

http://www.techsoup.org/support/articles-and-how-tos/do-i-need-the-32bit-or-64bit?gclid=CjwKCAjwlrnNBRBMEiwApKU4PCGsS1L8a29YovGp-wVtFkS7z4Nqo-T_XNugxNEqYxxTdghNjI5g6hoCJCwQAvD_BwE

This inability to sync using 32 bit IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. Effectively, you arent supporting the majority of windows machines.

What application will work with the mycloud home and 32 bit windows? Because if there is none, this product is effectively USELESS.

The My Cloud Home Desktop App included in WD Discovery 2.1 does require a 64-bit OS to mount the private user space drive. The Desktop App has the Sync function.

MyCloud.com can also be used as well as iOS and Android mobile app to access the private user space drive.

Please answer the question, NOT go off on tangent. I have Windows 10 32 bit. I can NOT drag and drop subdirectory using your web app. The file count is insane - so doing it individually is NOT an option. How can I either 1) map the drive to my computer so I can copy using explorer or 2) sync the directory for copy over time? Again, if this is not possible, then this is USELESS.

The only question is listed above.
The answer to the above question is the same as previously stated.

“The My Cloud Home Desktop App included in WD Discovery 2.1 does require a 64-bit OS to mount the private user space drive. The Desktop App has the Sync function.”

There is no mention of “Drag and drop subdirectory using your web app” unitil now.

YOUR ANSWERS:

1. map the drive to my computer so I can copy using explorer

The My Cloud Home Desktop App included in WD Discovery 2.1 does require a 64-bit OS to mount the private user space drive. The Desktop App has the Sync function. You can map the My Cloud-ZZZZ/Public local area network share, but not the private user space mounted drive.

1. sync the directory for copy

Not possible using WD provided software without WD Discovery 2.1 and the desktop app.

Now let’s address your “Drag and Drop” web app question

I hope this informaton has been helpful