My cloud Home Duo 4tb upgrade drives trouble

Hi all! Sorry, English is not my native language. I bought my cloud home duo 4tb, there were no other options. Unpacked and installed wd red 8tb*2. After the start, it crunched and rebooted for 10 minutes, then for a day it downloaded something a little from the Internet and blinked the backlight diode (long). Through the site home.mycloud.com it is visible, but when you try to access it, it says a message that the firmware is being updated and you need to wait until it stops blinking. I read that the process of replacing disks can take up to 48 hours, but I could not stand it and replaced the disks with WD red 4tb * 2. For a day everything is exactly the same: it barely downloads something (router data and can be seen from the lan lights), sometimes it rumbles quietly (rarely) and is also visible through the site, but there is no access … Please tell me

• is it possible at all: to increase the volume of a small model with enlarged disks?

How long will he be like this?

• what is he doing? Disk check? Markup? Raid?

Thank you if you answer!!!

the mistake was not to turn it on for the first time with regular hdd (2tb * 2), then I would understand that the problem is in the enlarged disks or (as I see in neighboring messages) in a multi-day firmware update … My cloud gen1 (not home) is working fine …

The pattern has been identified. After the reset, My Cloud Home Duo grunts for about 10 minutes, judging by the sounds it breaks, then abruptly downloads exactly 209 megabytes, then for EXACTLY 6 hours it downloads kilobytes back and forth and only occasionally crunches, then (exactly 6 hours later) AGAIN downloads 209 megabytes and everything repeats, does not reboot, does not make noise when downloading again, nothing happens. I can see it all the way through the site, but when I try to access it, I get a message about updating and for me to wait until the device stops flashing slowly. At the moment, they also cost 2 * 4tb, about 15 hours have passed since the reset. Give him about 3 days. Does this cyclical jump remind anyone of anything? Can anyone come across? Maybe something is wrong? Can because of failure on the server it is recent? Maybe because of the non-native volume (I checked it with native disks at night - it behaves the same way)? Maybe that’s how it should be? Tell me something please…

Hi @Thunderbird88,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Hello! did not apply, because there will definitely not help, the problem is massive. 3 days have already passed, it also blinks and says that the update is in progress. It seems to me that the devices that were in operation before the hacker attack on WD - continued to work after the restoration of external access (for example - my “my cloud gen2”), and the devices that were new sealed in stores (with old firmware) - turned into bricks, because WD has not yet gotten around to fixing these issues and the firmware process will be endless (for example, neighboring topics). It’s a pity that WD doesn’t care about customers… I returned the original disks (2*2TB) - still the same…