MY Cloud Home Does not sync Google Photos

Hi Team,

I recently purchased my cloud home and I configured Google photos correctly and it did not sync my google photos, I created a new google account, with just one photo and tried to sync that as well and it never synced even after 5 days, please help me, I opened a case with WD support on Jan 24nd, I am frustrated the way the customer team speaks ( I was asked why do you want to back up google photos, as google photos is cloud)

My case number: 012518-12666123

@s3.sudhakar

I suggest to use Google Photo Sync with Google Drive per Google Drive KBA below since Google Photo is EOL by Google.

Google Photo Sync with Google Drive, please refer to Google Drive Answer ID 6156103

Thanks for your Response SBROWN,

I am not sure how this is addressing my issue, WD has option to sync google photos, and the document explains about google photo sync with google drive

I am not sure if I am reading it wrong

@s3.sudhakar

We are aware of the issue with Google Photo Sync and are working with Google for resolution. We apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused. Google Photo Sync with Google Drive can be used as a workaround.

Thank you I tried workaround you provided and it finally showed up on
google drive and in turn on my cloud home, but on my google drive I have
photos from 2005 to 2018, but on my cloud WD I have from 2015 to 2018, any
suggestions ?

Do you have any resolution date to fix the issue with google photos

@sbrown,

I now see the old folders also getting created but the photos dint move
yet, I guess it would take some time

I will wait for complete sync and update the thread

Appreciate your help and I would like to know if you already know the
progress or any dates by when google photos sync will be fully functional

I confirm the sync is now complete Thank you SBROWN

@SBrown I am considering purchasing a My Cloud Home solely for the purpose of having a local backup of my Google Photos. Is there an ETA for when this will be fixed? The Google Drive workaround is NOT acceptable to me. Thanks

1 Like